Monday, February 25, 2008

Museum / Wish / Child / So / Door

Museum
Someday:
"... and here on the right you can see him as he was around that time."
"Really?! So small and pathetic? He couldn't be like that!"
"Well, yes, I know it's hard to believe, but remember that here we only show his true form."
"mommy, mommy, he looks U-G-L-Y!"
"I know, I know, don't look now, this isn't really him"
"Sorry, I should have been more clear with my warnings. It is indeed a difficult sight... But let's move on, his life was not over yet, as we'll see in the next part of the exhibition..."


Wish
Today I have finally realized what I would wish if I could have everything I could desire:

I want to live both sides of all the maybes in my life.

So, there. If someone has the spell, the black magic, the miracle-making ingredients, please share.
When you want everything, it's by definition impossible to have, so nothing short of supernatural could possibly suffice.


Child
Let's make a deal, you and me. Let me be a child, let me live without regrets, let me act as if there wasn't anything but the here and now. Let me taste the rain and jump with both feet in the mud, and get out of it with nothing but a smile.
Let me not be an adult for a day, only a day.
But, yes, I know, one day would not be enough... but it would still be more than nothing.


So
The mirror just shows me so.
While I am dual and imperfect, the mirror doesn't see it.
I wish I was that lucky.


Door
Ok, here I am. Which way now?
There, to the right, open that door.
That one? Oh, I hadn't seen it, it's quite small.
It's just as big as it needs to be.
You know, I could have missed it.
Impossible, it was there just for you. You were meant to find it and go through it.
If you say so... anyway, I'm in. What now?
Over there, at the end. See that part? It beats harder and it's more sensitive than the rest.
Yes, I see it. How much should I cut off?
Up to you, I know you'll take all that you want. Which is exactly as much as you are meant to take.
But it will hurt when I do it, won't it?
Yes, it's unavoidable.
Should I still do it, then?
You are already inside, you were even before we knew it.
What if it doesn't stop bleeding?
... you shouldn't be there to see it. It will heal.
... there, done, I have it.
Turn around, go out, go far.
I'll try... It's already started, I can see it.
... I... know. But I'll be ok.
Are you sure?
I have to be. Take good care of it, though it will eventually die.
Die?
Die, or be forgotten. It's all really just the same.
I see.
I knew you would.

No comments: